Saturday, January 23, 2010

False nails... What's the deal?

Okay, I know these shops are springing up everywhere lately but don't false nails cause problems?





I'm always cooking, I do lots of painting and drawing and I play the guitar - all three of which require short nails.


Doesn't having long, false nails limit the kinds of things you can do? And it's it (at risk of getting yelled at) a bit unhygeinic?


Doctors and chefs aways have to have short nails. It's just easier to scrub them.





I'm just wondering cos it seems to me that the media's idea of 'ideal beauty' is leading to flase nails, false hair, false boobs... Is plastic that attractive?False nails... What's the deal?
They are very unsanitary. You could be carrying all kinds of germs under them, including Staph. And if you don't get them filled right away or if you don't get them removed and have a new set put on every couple visits you could have mold growing underneath them, yum ;)False nails... What's the deal?
its a personal choice...not really for you to judge others!
plastic is made for toys :P


I have long nails that are real and sadly I'm asked if they are fake many times.


besides fake nails look like talons. I once saw the cashier at Wal-Mart on our grocery shopping days with un-natural bright red fake nails that were like 3 inches long! she could barely do her job! it was so incredibly stupid looking!
The ones that have them done have too much money and time on their hands, and can't cook anyway. They probably get their husbands to do the washing up and all they want is to doll themselves up to look good.





I think its not the way you paint the outside, if the inside is ugly it doesn't matter how much you spend - you are still unattractive.
I like false nails far better than real LONG ones.LOL,but yeh, they are hard to pull up socks and all with


BUT in my opinion short and natural looks best
it' just a female ploy to hide a very bad habit?





if only they realised growing their own would save them a fortune?
Im an all natural kind of girl when it comes to plastic surgery and i keep my make up to the minimum and keep it very natural looking but i have to say that i really like acrylic nails. I think they look great, and i don't do anything that they really interfere with. I guess its just a matter of personal taste. I personally think they look great.
i hate the look of fake nails. i mean c'mon ladies - they look like protruding claws. nails do not actually grow like that.





i got them once for a formal occasion and they were so hindering that i tried taking them off a couple days later. even a scratch for an itch is not satisfying!!
I agree, I wore the false stick ons once when I was younger, and it pinged off and landed in a strangers drink in a pub!





I dont like to see those white painted on lines at the top of a false nail - it is so unnatural!





I like long nails when they are well maintained, maybe with a manicure, I think it looks very feminine. But those fake plastics look tacky and cheap.





Thanks!
I must admit i am a HUGE fan of plastic. My nails don't grow so every now and again I get my nails done. I used to be against them because they are supposed to interfere with the natural growth of your nails by weakening them and, stripping the top layer off but I'm REALLY vain. I always wash my hands so I don't really find them un hygienic.
plastic is repulsive to me, i play violin so i have short nails too
PLASTIC is weird!! People are not all satisfied with what they have! It's just WEIRD! They should learn how to love their selves! I have short nails and I'm proud of them! I clean my hands and feet regularly!





People with plastic surgery are all bunch of weirdos... :)





They say that plastic surgery is miracle but it is a work of a devil.. T_T sorry to say..
it's just our effed up society trying to brainwash you. don't give in.
Yeah it is easier to have short nail, but having manicures make you look really clean cut. I like getting my nails done, but it does limit a lot of things you do. I don't get them done ALL the time. Maybe about 5 times a year... Getting boob jobs is something completely different, you're changing your appearnce to the extreme %26amp; i irriversable.
well there cool
I find it so so tacky.





But yes, the media's idea of beauty (just see any advertisement for any field) represents a blessed few and men, following their second brain, buy.
i dont like fake looking stuff x





some hair extensions lok really good and some nails look ok as long as there short but im not into the full on talons nad plasticy extensions with orange sking and big fake boobs lol x
I am a nurse and normally i have short nails too. But i got fake ones for my wedding a couple years ago. your right i could not keep them clean for 10 minutes. and they make your fingertips useless. i couldn't even pick my wedgie. I ended up picking them off on our honeymoon. I think you right about society's push for a fake body image.
Unfortunately for some people, there are problems with false nails. They can lead to infection and injury if the salon does not follow proper sanitation procedures or if the nail technician is unskilled. As well, during the application of false nails, usually the surface of the natural nail is buffed or filed, which leads to thinner nails which can break, become thinner, or become more sensitive and painful. And then there are women who have had false nails for years, and love them, and have never had a problem with them, so you do have to balance the horror stories that get repeated a lot, with the average experience. Long nails can limit some people in the activities that they choose to do, but some people think that this is an acceptable compromise. I think that it is important that we feel good about ourselves and pride in putting our ';best face'; foward. Society does put a lot of pressure on appearance, and I think it is up to us all individually to find that balance of feeling good about ourselves while maintaining a grip on reality and priorities. I don't think that false everything leads to total happiness, as can be vouched for by many people who are going through plastic surgery to fix or improve previous surgeries, and yet something as simple as nail enhancements can be the difference between a woman feeling OK versus beautiful, and that self confidence is important. No easy answers in the world of beauty, but I think that as women, we need to be supportive of each other as a whole, and I really believe that true beauty is a balance of appearance (not perfection, just taking care of yourself) and character.

No comments:

Post a Comment