Saturday, January 23, 2010

False Nails?

Ive recently been toying with the idea of gettinf false nails. I was thinking of getting a set of acrylics done at my local salon (拢29.50). I recently had my hair done there and it was the best cut of my entire life and i'm sure they employ the same level of professionalism from all their staff (incl nail tech). However i have heard that it can ruin your nails (im a dreadful nail biter though so i dn't think they could get much worse), and, you need to get infils every few weeks (expensive?). Should i go ahead, pro's/con's, other suggestions or false nail recommendations to stick on myself?False Nails?
I've had them done before (my own nails are quite weak and brittle) and have loved them - they're quite addictive actually, but can be kind of annoying sometimes , i.e. for picking things up with - especially if you're used to short nails. I've gotten them filled a few times too and have ended up keeping them for weeks but when I've finally gotten sick of them and had them removed my nails have been in bits (and as I said they're weak naturally anyway) - really weak and brittle. I got my last ones removed in August and my nails still haven't recovered!! That said, though, they do look lovely so if you're prepared for the way they might be when the falsies come off then I'd say go for it. You might as well give it a try.False Nails?
there nice while they last...quite a bit of money for what they are and then infills every 3 weeks which is going to be about 拢15, and yeh they do ruin ur nails really bad but if u bite them i suppose its not overly bad, when they put the false ones on they file ur nails right down so they become very week, and once the nails are off they are very very very week and it will take a long while to get them back to normal...ive given up with false nails i did used to get them dun alot but now i dont see the point....
The choice is entirely yours, but I have to disagree with some of the others who said that acrylic will ruin your nails. No, it is not acrylic that ruins your nails, it is a bad tech who ruins your nails, usually by using a Dremel drill on your natural nail, and filing them down until there is almost nothing left to them. This ruins your nails, and it can be quite painful as well.


Getting your nails done should never be painful, not even in the least bit. If it does, then leave and find another salon with better techs who use top quality products - and who are licensed and thoroughly trained. Make sure that no matter who does them, that they are sanitizing, and disinfecting all of their implements in between each and every customer. Many techs don't do this, and this is an easy way to catch some nasty infection, or even a disease.


If you are paying less than $25 for a full set, then you are probably going to a 'discount' salon. This is NOT the type of place you want to be going to. They WILL more often than not ruin your nails. And they are usually quite filthy as well. Its worth it to spend the extra money and find a really good tech. They're out there, you just have to find them. But, you won't find them in salons like they have in Walmart and places like that.


Good luck!
I would go for it at that price here we have to pay $40.00
I've had acrylics and LOVED them. I kept them for about 2 years. Yes, my nails were very damged underneath when I decided to get the acrylics removed. But, in about 9 months they were back to normal. They are long, strong and beautiful now on their own and I still consider acrylics. They are sexy and stay nice longer and it feels like your being spoiled.





Refills depend on how fast your nails grow. I went every 3 weeks and spent 15 on refills. Is that in your budget?





Best tip: if you decide to remove them let the nail salon take them off. That will save your nails a little.





If yours are bad anyway -Go for it!


PS don't do stick ons! They fall off and don't fit right anyway.
They do like nice, but make sure if you get them, you don't get them too long. Also, they do ruin your nails for a while... but, if you don't take them off and let them come off on their own, your nails won't be as ruined. It takes like 2 months at least to get your nails back to normal. I had my nails done for homecoming, and I took them off after that, and my nails were kinda messed up. Your nails grow though, so they will go back to normal eventually. My nails are still getting back to normal.


My mom's a nail biter and gets her nails done, so it shouldn't be too bad lol.
Since your a nail biter I'd say go for it! This goes to the girls with short nails too x





If you have long nails please stop!! x
have a pro do them I think you will like them, they may be hard to get used to so don't get them too long or your gonna have some problems especially if you wear contacts and you try to take them out. I know, I found that one out and it was so hard to get a grip on them.


enjoy them though. Have fun!
Do it.





you only live once. if you don't like them remove them n stuff.
acrylics are so much better than the plastic d.i.y ones u can buy. i have acrylics done all the time and as long as u treat your nails when u dont have them on they wont damage your nails. i usual wear mine 2 weeks on 2 weeks off an in the 2 weeks off i moisturise my nails and they are fine
I would always steer clear of falsies -they completely destroy your nail bed, they can hurt when pulled off (accidentally) and you need infills all the time.





I would persevere with your own nails, spend some money on nail conditioners, stop biting and get a stress toy instead. U will be glad in the long run. Also tapping your fingers (not nails) on a surface, i.e the same as typing makes your nails stronger as it gets the circulation going!
i never had false nails and one reason is that (as you said) they ruin your nails, but if your nails arent very nice as you are a nail biter ...lol than there is nothing to loose, i think it will be good for you also to help you stop the biting





....wawo my grammar here is sooo messed up sorry about that...lol
my mom used to work at a nail salon and she says like acrylics ruin ur natural nails REAL bad so i just put on tons of lip gloss so u won't bite ur nails. cause that's how i trained myself. like if you put on lipgloss, the lipgloss will get on your hand and it's kina hard to wash off. BEST OF LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment